Here are the commonalities that I summerized based on good paers:
- Clear Logit. sort of preemptively anticipate how you would counter his argument and address that.
- Evolution. Usually, there is a historical evolution of an idea. Good papers let you know what are some of the variations on this idea and why the other forms did not work out as well as this does.
- Language. Temporal Aperture, Blackbelt of Mind, Seat the majority of the weight etc.
- illuminating in the simplist possible example.
- intuition before formalism.
- Birds eye view before details and corner cases.
- Soemhow, there is a sense of conversation and dynamic to it.